Hello, please select your language

Hello, please log in here

Not a member yet?
to discover our award-winning online English school.

Close
歡迎來到"Presentation English for Chinese Speakers"
A friendly group of individuals with an interest in presentations and public speaking in general. Share advice and seek techniques from your peers in the discussion group.
種類:Business
語言: Chinese
成員: 1996
幹事: samantha (Administrator) 及 Wei

你肯定要離開這個小組嗎?

你肯定你想刪除這個討論主題Why do Muslims only eat Halal meat and any other form of slaughtered meat is not permissible?嗎?
aaisso更新25/2/2016 2:26:03
Why do Muslims only eat Halal meat and any other form of slaughtered meat is not permissible?

Why do Muslims only eat Halal meat and any other form of slaughtered meat is not permissible?

I h***e always seen meat shops which call their meat "Halal". I would like to understand what is the religious as well as the scientific significance of eating halal meat.

With respect to meat, the term Halal means "prepared appropriately for human consumption." The primary reason they do this is because they believe that God has instructed them to do so. There are other explanations from a scientific perspective (e.g. blood is probably unhealthy, pork is probably unhealthy), but even if Muslims didn't understand why it was this way, they'd do it out of obedience and trust in God.

The verse of the Qur'an that explains this is Surah 5 Aya 3 (
http://quran.com/5/3):

Prohibited to you are dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah , and [those animals] killed by strangling or by a violent blow or by a head-long fall or by the goring of horns, and those from which a wild animal has eaten, except what you [are able to] slaughter [before its death], and those which are sacrificed on stone altars, and [prohibited is] that you seek decision through divining arrows. That is gr***e disobedience. This day those who disbelieve h***e despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I h***e perfected for you your religion and completed My f***or upon you and h***e approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

So, if a food meets these criteria, then it is considered acceptable to eat or Halal. In practice this means:

• The animal was slaughtered by a Muslim, or by a Jew or a Christian (since they share the same God) and they must slaughter it in the name of God.
  • The slaughter involves cutting the carotid artery of the animal and letting the blood drain. This is not in this verse, but other sayings make this clear.
  • Death from a blow to the head, or fallen animals, are not permitted.
  • The other sources also indicate that one must be merciful to the animal (e.g. not letting it see other animals be slaughtered, and making sure the blade is  sharp so the slaughter is painless.
  • Pork is prohibited altogether.
  • Blood is prohibited altogether.

相關小組
Business English Basics for Chinese Speakers
BusinessA place where you can share your thoughts, prac...
International Trade English for Chinese Speakers
BusinessEnglish for the Import-Export Industry. A casua...
English in Marketing for Chinese Speakers
BusinessShare and discuss marketing tips, hints, techni...
Negotiating in English - for Chinese Speakers
BusinessLearn, share and discuss key English phrases, t...
Finance English for Chinese Speakers
BusinessJoin the conversation about everything that aff...