Hello, please select your language

Hello, please log in here

Not a member yet?
to discover our award-winning online English school.

Close
歡迎來到"Teacher Question and Answer"
Got a nagging question about the English language? Ask Larissa! Post your questions in the discussion section.
語言: English
成員: 6115
幹事: Larissa (Administrator)

你肯定要離開這個小組嗎?

你肯定你想刪除這個討論主題Jealous .... 嗎?
GBatista370更新3/3/2016 9:50:21
Jealous ....

Hi guys I h***e a doubt about the intensity of jealous verb.

There is a hypothetic situation:

There are people succeed in the market. Imagine I am a beginner. So there are people I can use as an examples, examples to mirror or positions I would like to reach.

My doubt is to use this idea and don’t be inconvenient. I know that’s depends of the intensity of the expression and of course the situation. 

H***e “jealous of somebody” could sound bad. 

However, h***e “jealous of somebody” using the person as a mirror or expressing that the person is succeed and an example for everyone is acceptable. Expressing that, you would like to stay in that situation because you guess nice but you don’t want to offend the person or your friends.

I ask us about this because to say “jealous of somebody” in my language is complicated. All the time, when you use this verb in my language you need to explain the sense or put in the context for people understand your real intention. Generally, people ***oid use this verb. Only use it with closest people. For other people, we can substitute this verb by “I would like to be…”.

Is there the same situation in English?